The Copywriting, also known as Copy or Copywriting is writing to sell, to persuade. This type of advertising writing simply consists of writing texts with a specific objective: to make the reader buy a product or service. That is why the Copy must present in words all the benefits offered by the brand and highlight the value of the company over its competition so that it attracts the attention of a possible and future customer. Copywriting should focus on the most important benefits that really appeal to you. For instance, someone asks you to “write my essay free” so your main focus should be about the popular narrative, not just the essay. Needless to say, that it is an art and that writing requires concentration, style, and above all, good language management.
What is Copywriting and how to do it?
Copywriting is process of writing text for the advertising campaigns or other forms of marketing. Copywriting determines how your brand is positioned, not only in the minds of customers but also in how it is registered on digital 2.0 platforms such as Google and Social Media. With excellent Copywriting you guarantee the acquisition of customers on the web that gives value to the brand.
We must take extreme care of spelling errors. The promotional wording does not have a universal formula, but it does have tools that adapt to each situation, needs, and requirements of the company. The writing of advertising texts is part of one of the most important tasks of marketing, whether in its concept of traditional media or in digital marketing. Copywriting is the work carried out specialists in drafting planning a sales strategy from the attraction and interest which can generate publicity. It is part of the creative process of digital marketing. If you are trying to develop an advertising text you can take some tips that will be very useful. Learning to write advertising texts requires dedication and criteria to seduce consumers correctly.
In copywriting it is important to take into account some tips that apply in most cases.
- Use persuasive words.
- Many times, it is preferable to suggest rather than impose.
- Highlight virtues and benefits.
- Use language according to the target audience.
BENEFITS AND IMPORTANCE OF COPYWRITING IN DIGITAL MARKETING
What is a copywriter and what is copywriting? Copywriting determines how your brand is positioned, not only in the minds of customers but also in how it is registered on digital 2.0 platforms such as Google and Social Media. With excellent Copywriting you guarantee the acquisition of customers on the web that gives value to the brand.
The copywriting is key for positioning in the digital market. It is practically essential to sell. Copywriting also works as a letter of introduction to the brand and what it offers. Because in the end, you can have the most original product of all, but if this is not accompanied by a message that describes it and that validates everything that can be seen above, you will lose several possible customers who may be interested but not 100% convinced. Copywriting work goes far beyond words. It is about generating revenue for the brand, website, product, company. This is why many times the Copy is updated and optimized thanks to the analysis of statistics and data.
COPY OR ADVERTISING TEXT APPLICATIONS:
- Sales pages
- Advertisements / Design Concepts
- Scripts and Sales Scripts
- Blog Articles
- SEO Publications
STEPS TO DO COPYWRITING AND ADVERTISING WRITING
- Meet the audience, for whom is Copywriting directed?
- Make a good title. The title must be impressive and is actually the first step for the reader to click, buy or perform an action.
- Develop a scheme. The structure of the content is essential to rank the information and that it is consistent with what we want to express, to catch more and better customers.
- Write from macro to micro.
- Review all the text to make sure there are no spelling errors.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PROMOTIONAL WRITING OR COPY
ADVANTAGES AND STRENGTHS
- It is the one that drives the conversion of spectators to clients in your advertisements or your website.
- It is one of the essential requirements to generate sales.
- More than information, it seeks to leave something of value to the audience
DISADVANTAGES AND LIMITATIONS
- Copywriting is just a small part of the work to be done to have a good positioning on the web.
- Not everything is to sell, promote, and advertise! Sometimes you have to write content that is educational, emotional, interactive, or humanization.
- Too much copy bores! Consumers are often not looking to buy but to entertain, educate or interact.
- Not everything is writing! There are certain messages that are transmitted better with images than with words. Here comes the design, photography, and video.
IF YOU ARE GOOD AT WRITING, YOU CAN GENERATE buy 1000 xanax bars SALES THROUGH WORDS
Sometimes, the copy does not necessarily seek a monetary transaction but an emotional conversion or response, in which the reader is persuaded to perform an action such as: subscribe to a newsletter, follow a user on the networks, participate in an activity, etc. These texts can be as persuasive as any other advertising text, and in the end, these actions almost always lead directly or indirectly to buy the product or service in the long term and this is a copywriting definition.
Similarly, on many occasions, Copywriting examples are also about humanizing the brand and innovating as Digital Marketing does. Thus, being the voice of a product and not a strategy more based on the coldness of the sale that was usually used before. In this way, you turn your viewers, visitors, or followers into true fans as if you were not writing about a product or service. But, trying to change their perspectives and emotions with a few words.
What is a Thesis Statement? Introduction and Examples
In the details is the difference. It is about making it special and that it is not just simple information that will be rejected by the public. The images and all the visual arts can also have a fundamental role in persuasion and in the capture of consumers.
Techniques for copywriting
- Do not oversize qualities to the point that it is unlikely.
- Appeal to creativity and originality.
- Be concise and specific.
- Adjust to the number of characters or spaces available correctly.
Purpose of Copywriting
The world has become increasingly complex, technology, hyper-connectivity, excess information are just some of the reasons that explain it. This phenomenon is no stranger to advertising since if it develops in a relatively simple scenario, characterized by perfectly established processes, it has moved into a territory dominated by complexity. For its part, the editor, as a participant of the advertising gear, also carries out his activity in this complex environment to which he must know how to adapt:
- Campaigns are no longer reproduced only in traditional formats. From the press page or the 30-second TV ad, we have used inaccurate, long-haul, hard-to-define, and diffuse boundary formats that are spread across multiple platforms.
- Consequently, the editor must compete with new professional profiles that also dominate the art of the word, but that is perhaps more comfortable than him in the creation of complex plots and texts that break the boundaries of conventional advertising formats. We are talking about screenwriters, content writers, and professional storytellers.
- The ideation and production processes have also been complicated. The emergence of technology in advertising is changing the way the editor works. Beyond the collaboration with art direction, he has been forced to work alongside markedly technological profiles. Mastering the code, or at least understanding its possibilities, is already part of the skills of the new generations of editors.
- However, the underlying problem, of the more difficult resolution, has to do with the recipient of the advertising message. The editor should write for a consumer saturated with advertising, skeptical, when not totally unbelievable, to what he is told. In a world full of noise because everyone speaks at once, your message goes unnoticed or is barely remembered. Given this scenario, the editor has only one option left, which is to evolve in complexity without giving up the competence that defines his work, the search for simplicity.
In advertising writing it is not enough to remember the advertising or the text, it is essential that it be associated with the product, brand, or service that is being offered. Otherwise, people may remember the advertising but if they do not mentally make a partnership with the product, the success of the advertising campaign will be reduced. Sometimes the wording is very original and attracts attention, but people cannot remember what it is offering or what is the brand that promotes it. In this case, the main objective of advertising writing is not being achieved.